EPCO Services Inc. (ESI) offers Dimensional Control services from both our Halifax Nova Scotia and St. John’s Newfoundland Offices. Dimensional Control or Industrial Metrology is a method of precision measurements combined with three dimensional modeling to assist in engineering and construction.
ESI establishes a reference control system for each facility or job site, then surveys the area of interest in the facility such as piping (data collection) with a high precession Total Station accurate to the millimeter, followed by processing raw data and exporting to AutoCAD for modeling and design.
As-built Surveys are generally conducted at the completion of a project or a precursor to new work being carried out. These surveys can be used to check the actual component against the engineering drawing or to establish the dimensions of the component for the fabrication of a replacement.
Dimensional control, commonly known as “accuracy control”, can be utilized in hull construction to ensure that the fabrication and assembly of components meets the overall dimensional criteria. It is also valuable in hull deformation monitoring during repairs, layout of equipment add on/replacements, and like-for-like surveys of piping and equipment.
Survey existing pipe work and model it against proposed pipe lines for clash detection. Dimensional control also enables the accurate modification of pipe work to suit flange rotations and face deviations. Accurate dimensional control, through the use of total station and/or laser scanning, is used to facilitate the application of piping design where fabrication isometrics are developed in-house
Establish precise reference lines and planes by means of telescopic sights, for the purpose of aligning machinery.
Dimensional Control ensures the predefined dimensional quality of building sites. The dimensional control plan provides site personnel with information on, setting out and assembling building components, which is done by means of total stations and accurate to the millimetre.
- Accurate 3-Dimensional Determination of Tie-in Points or Mechanical Equipment
- Dimensional Verification to ensure Fabrication/Installation Tolerances are achieved
- Reduces stress on rotating equipment resulting in improved bearing life
- Confirmation of a Clash-free Installation Zone
- Calculation and Marking of “Cut lines” based on the Installation Analysis
- Quality product with improved SAFETY
- First-Time-Right Construction
- Reduce Number of Man-hours, Equipment, Scaffolding, etc.
- Time Saving / Cost Saving